Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 3, 2011

NFL Week 9 Picks

I have been so busy lately I forgot to do my picks last week. Well, I did them on paper but just forgot to do a post about them. That being said I went 9-4 last week and that takes me to a 64-29 (.688) record for the season so far after the halfway point of the season. Crazy to think we are already halfway through the NFL season but it's true. If I have some time this weekend I will try and do my mid-season report. Teams with the Bye this week are: Panthers, Lions, Jaguars, and Vikings. Here are my Week 9 picks.

NFL Week 9 - Sunday, November 6

1:00PM Games

Chiefs OVER Dolphins
- Chiefs started looking like a decent team last week against the Chargers. I think they will continue that play at home against the winless Dolphins who might not win a single game this year.
Saints OVER Bucs - I can't believe the Saints lost and gave the Rams their first win of the season. I think the Saint bounce back huge here at home and get back on track.
Falcons OVER Colts - Falcons can easily win this game on the road and I think they will. With Julio Jones back in the line-up for Matt Ryan he should be able to spread the ball around more.
Texans OVER Browns - The Texans have rebounded very well this season and are looking very well considering their early season woes. They should be able to win this game at home pretty easily.
Bills OVER Jets - I think this game will be a lot closer than people are giving it credit for. The Jets D plays well in close games so look for them to disrupt Fred Jackson and the run game and kill some of the swag of Ryan Fitzpatrick. I still think the Bills take the game at home but will have to fight for it.
49ers OVER Redskins - This is the first week I have not picked the Skins to win. I was sold early but now after they lost 3 or 4 in a row I'm not sold anymore. This Skins team is starting to look no different then any other team we have seen from them in the past few years. I just hope they can save the season. The Niners are just too strong this year and I look for them to win this one on the road.
Cowboys OVER Seahawks - After last week I would be happy if the Cowboys don't win another game this year. However, with that said I don't see how they can lose this game to a pretty bad Seattle team and at home. We'll see what happens but I think the Cowboys will win.

4:00PM Games

Bengals OVER Titans
- UPSET SPECIAL - I was surprised to see the Titans favored in this game. Granted, it is only by 3 points and they are at home for this one. I love the Bengals this year. They are doing very well and tied for 2nd place in the AFC North. Two rookies have had a lot of pressure on their shoulders this year and they have performed well and way beyond expectations. Cedric Benson is back from his one game suspension. Watch out.
Raiders OVER Broncos - I feel bad for Tim Tebow. People put him so high on the pedestal that his lack of production is gonna bring him down so far and hard after this season is over. The Raiders D doesn't mess around. Tebow is gonna get tossed around like a rag doll just like last week against the Lions. The Black and Silver roll on at home.
Giants OVER Patriots - UPSET SPECIAL - This has got to be probably the biggest upset I have picked all year. Am I a blind fan? Probably so. BUT SO WHAT! Rematch of Super Bowl XLII and both teams at 5-2. Giants come off a hard fought win at home against the Dolphins and the Patriots come off a heart-breaking late game loss to the Steelers in Pittsburgh. The Patriots are known for not losing 2 games in a row very often. Well this could be it. For the Giants this starts their grueling second-half schedule and it would be great to start it off with a win. The D is pretty much back to full strength. I look to them to disrupt the Pats pass happy offense. GO GIANTS!
Cardinals OVER Rams - Both of these teams had surprisingly good games last week against quality opponents. The Rams came away with a stunning win and the Cardinals a close loss but allowed a huge comeback. I like the Cardinals to bounce back after last week and get the win at home.
Packers OVER Chargers - The Packers are just unbeatable right now. The only undefeated team left in the league and they don't show any signs of slowing down. The Chargers look good one week and just horrendous the next. Packers should be able to win this one on the road with no issues.

Sunday Night Game
Ravens OVER Steelers
- UPSET SPECIAL - Big win for both teams last week. Granted, the Ravens had to comeback to beat the lowly Cardinals while the Steelers had a hard fought victory against a quality opponent in the Patriots. I like the Ravens though. Even though they have kinda been back and forth at times this year I still feel like they can win this game, even on the road. Games like these are always fought in the trenches and we should expect nothing different under the lights in primetime on Sunday night.

Monday Night Game
Eagles OVER Bears
- Eagles dominated in Primetime last week at home and now they get the chance to do it again at home against the Bears. Look for McCoy to have another big day on the ground. But watch out for the Bears who can also run the ball with Forte. This game might be a little closer than expected but the Eagles will get back to .500 at home.

There they are. Hopefully I don't miss another week this season. Be on the look out for my mid-season report either this weekend or early next week. Hope everyone enjoys the games!

-R.N.N.
@ryannnelson87 on Twitter
rnelson0187@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment