Total Pageviews

Friday, November 11, 2011

NFL Week 10 Picks

Happy Veteran's Day everyone! Since I have the day off from work today thanks to all those men and women who are willing to serve their country I decided to take the time to do my Week 10 picks. Since I am posting this after the Thursday night game this week I battled on who I was going to pick but I ended up going with the Chargers and once again they failed me as Carson Palmer showed he still has got some swag left. But let's get right to the rest of my picks for Week 10. I went 10-4 last week and that puts me at 74-33 (.692) for the season.No more BYE weeks for the rest of the season.

NFL Week 10 - Sunday, November 13

1:00PM Games

Lions OVER Bears
- UPSET SPECIAL - I am surprised the Bears are favored in this game. I know they just game off a big win against the Eagles but they have their weaknesses that's for sure. The Lions do have to go on the road to win this game but I think they will be able to take care of the Bears.
Jaguars OVER Colts - I think the Colts have started to show sparks this season as they continue to move on without Peyton Manning. However, MJD and the Jags will prevail and keep the Colts win-less on the road.
Chiefs OVER Broncos - I wasn't sold on the whole Tebow thing from the beginning and thankfully that hasn't come to bite me, yet. The Chiefs have looked decent the past couple weeks and I feel that at home they can take care of the dismantled Broncos.
Steelers OVER Bengals - I will be rooting for the Bengals in this game of course and at home it will give them an advantage. No one is talking about the Bengals that much this year and they are a decent team and are gonna surprise some people if they were to make the playoffs. However, the Steelers are just to strong on both sides of the ball not to lose this game but they are gonna have to fight hard for it.
Bills OVER Cowboys - UPSET SPECIAL - I cannot believe the Cowboys are favored in this game. Yes, the Bills lost pretty bad to the Jets last week who successfully exploited the Bills weaknesses. However, the Cowboys beat a bad Seahawks team and still have not impressed me at all this year. I look for Buffalo to come back strong in Arlington and take down the Cowboys.
Saints OVER Falcons - NFC South lead is on the line in this game and I would love to see the Falcons win but they have let me down this year in a lot of cases. Being at home may help them a little bit, but the Saints need to make a big run here and I think it may start with this game (although I hope they don't beat the Giants in a few weeks). This will be a good game and probably come down to a one or two possession game.
Browns OVER Rams - Seems like this game should be an easy one to pick considering the Rams situation this year. I really thought the Rams were gonna be better this year and was rooting for them early but unfortunately the complete opposite has happened. The Browns are still in the midst of their re-building but I like what I see on both sides of the ball. I look for them to win a low-scoring affair at home this week.
Redskins OVER Dolphins - UPSET SPECIAL - Once again, the Skins fail to be favored this week in a game that, I think, is gonna be ugly. The Dolphins got their first win last week against a rallying Chiefs team and the have the potential to be a decent team. If the Skins offense doesn't score some points they WILL lose this game. The Defense is doing it's job every game but it's a no longer "Defense wins games" league. Skins better realize that this week.
Texans OVER Bucs - The Texans will win the AFC South this year. And this game will only help them to achieve that task. The Bucs have flaked all year and even at home this week I don't feel like this game will be any different. Get ready for a big game by Foster.
Panthers OVER Titans - Call me crazy, but I like the Panthers at home this week. The Titans have been one of those teams this year that I don't want to pick against but with this game I like the panthers who are actually favored to win. Now if you ask me, I am buying on Cam Newton and have been since the first game.
Eagles OVER Cardinals - The Eagles are DEFINITELY not the team we thought they were gonna be this year. I would hope they could beat the lowly Cards at home this week, but who knows. McCoy should be able to have a big game against a week Cards Defense.

4:00PM Games

Ravens OVER Seahawks
- Ravens coming off a huge win in Pittsburgh and I don't think they should have any problems continuing with that momentum on the road against the Seahawks.
Giants OVER 49ers - UPSET SPECIAL - I like that the Giants are not favored in this game. Granted the 49ers have been playing lights out this year which nobody expected. However, the Giants have been playing pretty well and need to keep that momentum through there grueling second half schedule. This year's Giants team kinda reminds me of the Super Bowl year. We'll see how they do on the road against a tough 49ers team.

Sunday Night Game
Patriots OVER Jets
- UPSET SPECIAL - The Jets are playing really well at home this year and I would like nothing more than to see the Patriots go down 3 weeks in a row. However, I don't think Brady is gonna let that happen especially if it's a chance to take down the rival Jets. Pats win on the road.

Monday Night Game
Packers OVER Vikings
- I don't even really think I needed to pick this game. But I guess I will. Packers will stay undefeated at home this week and keep on pace to complete the perfect season.

Well there they are, my Week 10 picks. Enjoy the games everyone!

-R.N.N.
@ryannnelson87 on Twitter
rnelson0187@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Like it. I think the Dirty Birds are going to win, simply because Julio Jones is healthy and also they are playing at home, Matty Ice goes crazy at home. I believe that the Rams will pull this game out, they have Brandon Lloyd in the miz now and I believe that Bradford is back plus Steven Jackson. I agree with everything else like it man.

    ReplyDelete